The Santa Fe County Board of County Commissioners is seeking interested Santa Fe County residents to serve as the Santa Fe County Probate Judge. The term will expire on December 31, 2018.
Interested individuals shall demonstrate that they meet the following minimum qualifications for Probate Judge:
1. Must be citizen of the United States. N.M. Const. art VII,§ 2.
2. Must be a legal resident of the state. Id.
3. Must be a qualified elector. Id.
4. Must be a resident of the county. NMSA 1978, § 1-8-18(A).
a. Must be at least 18 years old. U.S. Const. amend. XXVI, § 2.
5. A person convicted of a felony shall not hold office unless, the person has presented the governor with a certificate verifying the completion of the sentence and confirming the person was granted a pardon or certificate by the governor restoring the person’s full rights of citizenship. NMSA 1978, § 31-13-1(C).
Interested individuals are requested to submit a letter of interest and resume by Thursday, May 25, 2017 to:
Santa Fe County Manager’s Office
Attn: Tony Flores, Deputy County Manager
P.O. Box 276
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-0276