By Santa Fe Green Chamber of Commerce
Early bird registration is open for the 3rd Annual Next Generation Water Summit (NGWS) to be held on June 12th – 14th, 2019
in Santa Fe, NM.
The June 13th
keynote address will be given by Radhika Fox, Chief Executive Officer of the US Water Alliance. A national non-profit, the Alliance educates the nation on the value of water, accelerates the adoption of One Water policies and programs, and celebrates innovation in water management. Radhika will discuss how all water (i.e. rainwater, greywater, blackwater) will figure into our future solutions.
A few of the exciting topics that are scheduled include:
- “Utilization of Marginal Water” by Dr. Bernstein of the Israeli Institute of Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences
- “Emerging Viruses and Bacteria due to Climate” by Dr. Deborah Nichols, former Chief Anesthesiologist at Shriners Hospital for Children and Academic Faculty at University of Texas Medical Branch
- “How Building Codes Save Water” by Hope Medina
- “Irrigation Water Budgets – A Comparative Review” by Dr. St. Hilaire
- “Water Reuse – An Educational Journey” by Kyle Pickett Co-Founder & COO, Urban Fabrick, Inc. and
As in prior years, the Summit will be preceded by several technical training courses that offer advanced water certifications for attendees. Workshops that will be held before and during the Summit include:
- Commercial Water Audit Verifier Training
- Water Efficiency Rating Score (WERS)® Verifier and Consultant Training
- Greywater System Design
The Summit is a unique water and water reuse event that will feature builders presenting on Net Zero Water Houses and Near Net Zero Water houses. These Southwestern builders will host a design workshop for builders, contractors, home owners or architects that need assistance in designing net zero water dwellings.
Prospective attendees will not want to delay registering for this rare opportunity, as seats are limited.
Early bird registration is
available now through March 31st at the special rate of $200.