By NM State Parks
As directed by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham in response to COVID-19, the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department (EMNRD) is closing all New Mexico State Parks effective Monday, March 16.
Scheduled events during this time have also been canceled in the interest of public safety. The closures will expire April 9 unless extended. A law enforcement presence will remain in the park to ensure the protection of natural resources.
Visitors with overnight camping reservations will be issued a full refund. To stay up to date on additional announcements, visit the State Parks website.
In addition to canceling all large public events and avoiding large public gatherings whenever possible, New Mexico health officials continue to urge New Mexicans to:
- Avoid all non-essential travel to affected out-of-state areas; and exercise extreme caution with all out-of-state travel
- Remain home (“self-isolate”) if you are sick and call the Department of Health at 1-855-600-3453if you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Those symptoms include fever, cough or trouble breathing
- And continue taking precautionary steps to protect your individual health, such as:
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces daily with regular household cleaners
- Avoid sharing personal household items