Election – May 2, 2017 Special Municipal Election
Provided by The City of Santa Fe
The City of Santa Fe will hold a special municipal election on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 for the purpose of submitting the following question to the qualified electors of the city of Santa Fe:
CLOSE OF REGISTRATION BOOKS:
All persons desiring to vote in the May 2, 2017 special municipal elelction must be registered in the City of Santa Fe. The Santa Fe County Clerk will close the registration books for the election on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. Persons residing within the city limits may register to vote at the following locations no later than Tuesday, April 4, 2017:
1) County Bureau of Elections Office, 102 Grant Avenue
2) City Clerk’s Office, Room 215, City Hall, 200 Lincoln Avenue
3) City of Santa Fe Main Library, 145 Washington Avenue
4) City of Santa Fe La Farge Library, 1730 Llano
5) City of Santa Fe Southside Library, 6599 Jaguar Drive
6) State Motor Vehicle Division Field Office, 2546 Camino Entrada
7) Motor Vehicle Express, 850 St. Michael’s Drive
8) Santa Fe Community College, 6401 Richards Avenue
Absentee voting by mail will begin on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 and close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017. Absentee ballots may be cast in person beginning on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017. Absentee voting will be conducted in the office of the City Clerk, during the regular business hours and days of business, Monday through Friday. All applications for absentee ballots must be completed and accepted by the City Clerk prior to 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 28, 2017. After 5:00 p.m. on April 28, 2017, all unused absentee ballots will be publicly destroyed by the City Clerk. The City Clerk will accept completed absentee ballots delivered by mail, or in person by the voter casting the absentee ballot, their caregiver or the voter’s immediate family, until 7:00 p.m. on May 2, 2017.
An application for an absentee ballot may be obtained from the office of the City Clerk or by clicking HERE to download the application. Listed below are the physical address, mailing address and phone numbers for the City Clerk’s office:
200 Lincoln Avenue, City Hall, Room 215,
Santa Fe, NM 87501
P.O. Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504
Early Voting will be conducted in the office of the City Clerk, during the regular hours and days of business, Monday through Friday. Early voting will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 and close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017.
Early voting will also be conducted at the Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road and will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 and close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017. Early voting, at this location, will be held Tuesday through Saturday during the early voting period from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., except on Friday, April 14, 2017, voting shall close at 12:00 p.m. and on Friday, April 28, 2017, voting shall close at 5:00 p.m.
All applications for early voting ballots must be completed and accepted by 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 28, 2017. After 5:00 p.m. on April 28, 2017, all unused early voting ballots will be publicly destroyed.
VOTING CONVENIENCE CENTERS:
All voting precincts within the four (4) city council districts shall be consolidated into Voting Convenience Centers. Any qualified voter within the municipal limits of the City of Santa Fe may vote at any one of the following Voting Convenience Centers, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on May 2, 2017:
- Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 1301 Osage Avenue
- St. John’s United Methodist Church, 1200 Old Pecos Trail
- Christian Life Church, 121 Siringo Road
- Sweeney Elementary School, 4100 S. Meadows Road
- Southside Library, 6599 Jaguar Drive
- Kearny Elementary School, 901 Avenida de las Campanas
- Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road