By Santa Fe County
With respect and consideration to the recent outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Pueblo of Pojoaque has been and will continue to take precautionary measures to protect the overall health and wellness of the entire Pojoaque Valley.
On April 16th, 2020, a Tribal Resolution was passed in quorum (2020-043Q) to facilitate the testing of COVID-19 for Pueblo of Pojoaque essential employees, Pueblo members, and if possible, testing for other Pueblos and community members in the Pojoaque Valley. This will allow those who test positive to self-isolate and reduce the spread of the virus to family and other community members. This testing will allow the Pueblos and state government to better analyze required restrictions and develop new protocols for opening up offices and businesses. This testing is being offered to monitor the overall health and wellness of the Pueblo of Pojoaque and is notbeing conducted as a result of any positive cases.
At this time, the Pueblo of Pojoaque does not have any confirmed cases of COVD-19.
This drive-thru COVID-19 screening will be facilitated in a drive-through fashion. All vehicles approaching the drive-thru facility will be required to have their windows half-way down as additional safety measure to prevent any transfer of biological fluids through coughing or sneezing between those being tested and those taking the samples.
- Individuals will arrive at BTR and be directed to the B Lot. From there, vehicles will be directed to one of three lanes comprised of two stations. At station one, registration will be conducted for all individuals getting tested. At this station, individuals being tested will need to provide basic demographic data. You will not need to provide identification, insurance information, or any co-payment.
- At station two, individuals will receive a nasal swab by medical staff on site. After completion of your swab, you will be directed where to exit the property.
- Samples will be sent for testing with a turnaround time of 24-48 hours, however, they can take up to 5 days for results. If any samples test positive for COVID-19, the Department of Health will contact the individual immediately and quarantine care measures will be mandatory.
Testing will be conducted within the following date and time schedule:
Friday, April 24th, 2020
- 09:00am – 12:00pm – Pueblo of Pojoaque, PPEC, BTI, PGI essential staff
- 11:00am – 3:00pm – All other Tribes
- 09:00am – 10:00am – Pueblo of Pojoaque, PPEC, BTI, PGI essential staff
- 10:00am – 3:00pm – All other Tribes/Community
Again, this testing is a preventative measure to measure the overall health and wellness of the Pueblo of Pojoaque and protect the entire Pojoaque Valley.
For any Native American individuals requiring assistance on COVID-19 related services, such as triage information for self quarantine and self isolation at remote facilities, or additional support, please call (505) 946-9200 for the Santa Fe Service COVID Hotline. This is an IHS related service.
Please continue to follow the www.pojoaque.org/health website for additional information and updates on the COVID-19 pandemic.