By NM State Parks
In preparation for Memorial Day weekend, the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department’s State Parks Division provides the following guidance on park hours and openings. While some parks are not normally open on Mondays, the 17 currently open parks will be open on Monday, May 25th for Memorial Day.
Park hours for Memorial Day are as follows:
- Cimarron Canyon 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Ute Lake 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Brantley Lake 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sumner Lake 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Caballo Lake 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Cerrillos Hills 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Storrie Lake 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Villanueva 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Oasis 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Oliver Lee 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Clayton Lake & Dinosaur Trackways 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Pancho Villa 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Mesilla Valley Bosque 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Living Desert Zoo and Gardens 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Coyote Creek 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- City of Rocks 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Rockhound 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beginning Saturday, May 23rd the quality waters section of Navajo Lake will be open for day-use only. The rest of the park remains closed.
For details on specific parks information visit theState Parks website and know before you go. Visitors must wear masks, stay in small groups, and practice social distancing. No camping or campfires are allowed at this time. Anglers must carry a valid New Mexico fishing license.
Park visitors are encouraged to wear a life jacket while on the water. Children 12 and younger must wear a lifejacket while on or near the water.