Breaking News
Home / Community (page 32)

Community

When the US Military Can’t Trust the Commander in Chief.

By Cameron Gonzales  The U.S. Military has been cautious to inform President Trump about recent cyber warfare operations against Russia, according to a New York Times report released last week. Pentagon and intelligence officials explained, in loose terms, that they believed the President might betray ongoing operations and give that information to a hostile …

Read More »

Commissioner Garcia Richard: Holtec Int’l Misrepresentations Raise Serious Safety Concerns for Proposed Nuclear Storage Facility

By  State Land Office  Commissioner of Public Lands Stephanie Garcia Richard sent the attached letter to Holtec International President and CEO, Krishna Singh. The letter outlines a number of concerns regarding Holtec’s proposal for a nuclear storage facility in Lea County – specifically safety concerns that have not been addressed …

Read More »

There is legislation in the Senate that would limit foreign interference in elections. So why are Senate Republicans blocking it?

By Cameron Gonzales  President Donald Trump said he probably wouldn’t alert the FBI if a foreign agent approached him with information about a 2020 opponent, in an interview with ABC last Wednesday. He claimed, “It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it,” prompting outcry along both …

Read More »

Weekly Fishing and Stocking Report

By NM Game and Fish  Click Here For The Latest Stocking Report Catches of the week Abiquiu Lake: John Hutson of Carson caught a 4-pound smallmouth bass and several others June 10. He was using a jig and crawdad.  Bluewater Lake: Aubree Segura, age 8, of Rio Rancho caught and …

Read More »

Full house at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Neb., greeted by sunny skies and a 4-1 victory for 2nd ranked Vanderbilt over 7th ranked Louisville in the NCAA DI World Series Sunday afternoon

By Arnie Leshin  Second-ranked Vanderbilt was powered by the long-ball hitting of lead-off batter Angelo Martin in getting past 7th ranked Louisville, 4-1, at Sunday’s opening round game of the 74th annual NCAA Division I Baseball World Series in Omaha, Neb.   It might have been only the first round, …

Read More »